New Employee Onboarding is the final phase of the automated candidate experience for faculty, professional and scientific, and merit positions at Iowa State University. Once the hiring department confirms the hire in PeopleAdmin7, a new employee will be able to begin their ISU adventure through this self-service portal. Administered through AccessPlus, a new employee will be introduced to a menu of action items to facilitate a smooth and successful onboarding experience.
Key administrative paperwork along with required federal and state employment forms are the focus of the onboarding project. Action items include:
- Registering for a Net-ID
- Equal Opportunity Employment Forms
- Address Information
- Federal and State W4 Withholding Forms
- Direct Deposit Designation
- Federal I-9 Form
- Benefits and Retirement Enrollment Session Sign-up
- Employee Benefits Forms
- Employee Retirement Forms
- Conflict of Interest and Commitment Form
- Emergency Contact Information
- ISU Alert Designation
- University Orientation Session Sign-up
AccessPlus will track and clearly state a new hire's progress as they complete the action items available to them. Additionally, the supervisor or another designated point of contact, will have access to their new employee's onboarding progress. This collaborative effort will help ensure a new employee arrives at Iowa State University ready for success in their new position.
The intent of the onboarding project is to:
- Engage a new employee early and contribute to a sense of belonging
- Ease the uncertainty generally associated with beginning a new ISU career
- Provide clarity in customary administrative processes for a new employee
- Complement the college/departmental/unit onboarding processes already in place
In the future, there may be additional onboarding enhancements incorporating processes associated with obtaining an ISU Card, parking, recreational services, and learning and development opportunities.
Onboarding is scheduled to go-live in summer 2015 following the re-launch of the eLOI project.
- Online Video (Plays in This Window)
- Quick Reference Guide (Step-by-Step Instructions) [PDF]
- Job Aid (Detailed Information) [PDF]
View the training resources for each of the topics below at your own pace.
|Understanding Onboarding as a New Employee|
|Review Progress of a New Employee|
Groups & Contacts
|Onboarding Project Team|
|Tim Ashley||Vice President Business & Finance||Team Leader|
|Chelsey Aisenbrey||Senior Vice President & Provost||Team Member|
|Mindi Balmer||Information Technology Services||Team Member|
|Tom Connolly||Information Technology Services||Team Member|
|Ed Holland||University Human Resources||Team Member|
|Stacy Kilstofte||Engineering Administration||Team Member|
|Deb Nelson||Information Technology Services||Team Member|
|Cindy Van Loon||University Human Resources||Team Member|
|Jane Walter||University Human Resources||Team Member|
Did You Know?
Help & Support
Should you wish to email your question about People Admin, please email UHR by clicking the button below. You may also email questions regarding eLOI by clicking the button below as indicated.
Learn the new PeopleAdmin system in a friendly classroom environment with a training specialist and subject matter experts.